I spoke to the Institute of Arts and Ideas about the below key themes in Sensuous Knowledge.
- What is sensuous knowledge compared to euro-patriarchal knowledge?
- How can black feminism provide a critique of euro-patriarchal knowledge?
- How is joy inherently political for black women, and how does it arise?
- Can euro-patriarchal knowledge be changed within the existing frameworks?
- What liberating effects does writing have?
- How has your own lived experience impacted your writing?
- How can one further pursue sensuous knowledge?
- How does your definition of beauty relate to power?
The interview is interspersed with wonderful visuals and sound! Check it out below. You can tune in to some of the conversation without a subscription, and then get up to a month’s subscription for free to watch all segments.
Leave a Reply